Say "Goodbye" to mascara with Beyond Lashes' synthetic mink eyelash extensions!
Individually glued to each one of your existing upper eyelashes with a cyanoacrylate-based glue, which is similar to a surgical adhesive, extensions add length and fullness to your lashes, minimizing the need to apply makeup. Old-fashioned false eyelashes have met their match!
The results are stunning and can be as dramatic or as natural as you desire. Lashes come in a variety of lengths and with proper care will look full and luscious for up to four weeks.
What are eyelash extensions?
- Eyelash extensions are an exciting new way to extend the length and thickness of your natural eyelashes. Lash extensions are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They are applied to each individual natural eyelash one by one for a natural, beautiful and luscious look.
What do eyelash extensions look like when applied?
- With proper application, meaning one synthetic eyelash applied to one natural lash the look and feel is completely natural looking and real. No one will know you have extensions. They will just think you were born with beautiful, long lashes!
How long will it take to apply eyelash extensions and how is it done?
- Lashes are applied while you are lying down with your eyes closed in a cozy, warm spa bed. This beauty rest can take up to 1.5 hours for a full set, and depending on the set of lashes you desire. After cleaning and priming your lashes, your bottom lashes are protected with an anti-aging eyepad or medical tape and then lash extensions are applied 1-to-1 with medical-adhesive. It is a very relaxing, non-invasive procedure and most clients fall asleep!
How long do eyelash extensions last?
- Eyelash extensions can last 4-6 weeks when properly cared for. However they are no longer full after 4 weeks. Therefore fill are recommended to keep your lashes full. The extensions will shed with the natural growth cycle of your own lashes. If you choose to get touch-ups in between they will last as long as you continue to fill them in.
How often should I get touch-ups?
- We recommend getting a touch up every 2 to 4 weeks. If you wait too long your eyelash extensions will fall out and you will require a full set. Other factors such as exposure to steam, humidity or touching your eyes alot may cause the extensions to fall sooner. Touch-ups can take anywhere from 45 - 60 minutes, depending on how long you wait between appointments. During your touch-up appointment, we will remove grown-out extensions, prime your lashes and apply extensions to new lash growth. A good indicator of when to be in for a fill is when your extensions are 50% gone.
I'm a bride-to-be or going on vacation, when is the best time to book an appointment?
- If you've never had eyelash extensions applied before then we recommend booking a full-set 3-5 days before your wedding date or departure date at the latest. This will allow time to experiment with different lashes, learn proper aftercare and ensure there are no allergies to the product.
Can I apply mascara to eyelash extensions?
- Yes, it must however only be water based mascara. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED OR WATER-PROOF MASCARA. Waterproof mascara or any type of oil based mascara can dissolve the bonding agent and shorten the life of your eyelash extensions causing them to fall sooner. Care also needs to be taken in washing off the mascara. Only use a water based eye makeup remover.
Can I swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing eyelash extensions?
- Yes. The bonding agent we use is waterproof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise etc. Special care is required but overall maintenance is low. We do recommend however that you do not wash your eye area for at least 24 hours after the eyelash application.
Can I use eyelash curlers with eyelash extensions?
- We do not recommend using mechanical eyelash curlers on your eyelash extensions as these curlers will damage the extensions and possibly your own natural lashes.
Is there anything I should do to prepare for my appointment?
- Yes! please arrive without any eye makeup. This will minimize the cleanup time and allow more time for applying the extensions. You will need to keep your lashes dry for 24 hours after the application so it's also a good idea to have your hair washed the day of or night before.
How do I take care of my new eyelash extensions?
- Do not get lashes wet for at least 24 hours
- Use oil-free eye makeup remover
- Avoid hot steam or sauna (minimize hot yoga)
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach to avoid pressure on the extensions
- Avoid running water directly on your lashes
- Do not rub, pick or pull your eyes
- Only use water based mascara (optional). If applying mascara, do so from middle to tip avoiding the root area.
- Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler
- Who should NOT wear eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions may not be suitable for people who:
- Have pre-existing eyelid or eye conditions such as blepharitis and ocular rosacea
- Are very rough with themselves and do not want to follow after care instructions
- Want a very heavy mascara look but do not have the natural lashes to support it
- Have a condition called Trichotillomania, which is compulsive pulling or twisting of hair or eyelashes
- Are in chlorinated water many times a week
- Cannot control rubbing their eyes
Prices do not include applicable taxes and are subject to change without notice.
Reiki web page design by: SeeTHAT.ca / Ottawa-SEO.ca